It is the desire of the WETC to offer support in the form of a scholarship made available to members and their immediate family who wish to further their education through secondary and post-secondary schooling. Knowledge in any field is key to the future, not only in the electrical trade, but also in the broad range of fields available to our young people today.
Each year, the Board of Directors of the WETC allots an amount from the general treasury to be awarded as a fixed number of non-renewable scholarships. Currently the WETC offers two scholarship opportunities:
1. A General Education Scholarship award that is open to the dependent child or grandchild of a sponsorwho is a current member of the Wisconsin Electrical Trades Council, Inc. or is employed by a current member of the Wisconsin Electrical Trades Council, Inc. in the year in which the scholarship application is filed. The sponsor must be employed or directly involved in the electrical trade or industry.
2. An Electro-Mechanical, Electrical or Lineman's (EMELS) Scholarship award that is awarded to anyone who is entering a college or technical school program for purposes of obtaining a degree or certificate of completion for employment in the electro-mechanical, electrical engineering or lineman's field. The EMELS Scholarship does not recognize participation in an employer paid or reimbursed program as meeting the criteria of this scholarship.
General Requirements for scholarship application:
1. Must be a high school senior or an undergraduate college or technical school student.
2. Plans to be a full-time student for the upcoming school year in an undergraduate degree program by an accredited college or university, or enrolled in a vocational or technical school.
3. For the purposes of the General scholarship the applicant must be a dependent child or grandchild of a sponsor who is a current member of the Wisconsin Electrical Trades Council, Inc. or is employed by a current member of the Wisconsin Electrical Trades Council, Inc. in the year in which the scholarship application is filed. The sponsor must be employed or directly involved in the electrical trade or industry.
The application process begins on January 1st of each year. Application and evaluation forms are available for printing from our website or by mail from the WETC office. All application and evaluation forms must be mailed or hand delivered to the WETC office - no faxed or e-mailed applications or forms will be accepted. All items relative to the application for a scholarship must be postmarked by April 15th to be considered for an award.
For more information you may contact the WETC offices at (608) 464-3582 or (877) 836-WETC. You may also contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for a 2021 General Education Scholarship Application Packet
Click here for a 2021 EMELS Scholarship Applicaiton Packet